Location: Cambridge or Chelmsford Campus
Salary: £66,857 – £73,034 + excellent benefits
ARU are a global university transforming lives through innovative, inclusive and entrepreneurial education and research. They are ranked in the world’s top 350 HEIs in the 2021 Times Higher Education World University Rankings and in the top ten mainstream universities in the country for the proportion of UK undergraduates in employment 15 months after graduating. Anglia Ruskin are the Times Higher Education (THE) University of the Year 2023 and have also been awarded a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework – a reflection of the outstanding education they offer their students.
They have campuses in Cambridge, Chelmsford, London and Peterborough, with around 2,500 staff and 35,000 students from 180 countries. With a focussed civic mission, they are committed to working with others through education, research and knowledge exchange to enhance the economic, cultural and social wellbeing of the communities in which they work and live.
They are now looking to recruit an experienced Enterprise Architect, reporting into the Assistant Director of IT- Projects & Planning, with responsibility for two Solutions Architects and a Lead BA. This individual will contribute to the University’s overall IT/ digital strategy, providing architectural solutions to underpin strategic transformation and change. As a key member of the Senior management Team, they will have a direct influence on the success of IT Services, representing ARU at a senior level within the department, across the University and externally.
They are looking to speak to candidates with demonstrable leadership skills as the role will involve providing leadership and guidance to a small team as well as colleagues, drawing upon the expertise and specialisms as outlined below.
The ideal candidate will:
- Develop and maintain enterprise, technical and architectural standards and the governance of data and solution architecture for the university.
- Provide innovative architectural solutions to underpin strategic transformation and change.
- Provide architectural leadership on solution design prior to solution development and/or procurement, involving specialists from across IT Services as required.
- Lead on the continuous improvement and development of Enterprise Architecture maturity of IT Services to drive maximum benefit, efficiency and effectiveness in the technology service provision to the university.
- Develop and maintain the standards of a professional business analysis service to capture business requirements and map business processes where data is being handled.
- Develop effective relationships with 3rd party technology/solution providers and partners to maximise technical capability of existing solutions and technology and explore additional benefits to the university.
- Build a strong and effective customer focussed team and provide leadership that models the university’s values, motivates staff, promotes performance improvement and enables IT Services to deliver excellence.
- Form alliances and relationships with key stakeholders/ contacts across the university to enable effective delivery of services, raising the profile of IT Services and ensuring clear, effective and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and develop peer networks beyond ARU with other HEI’s and sector bodies to share knowledge and maintain an awareness of sector developments that may impact on ARU’s Digital provision.
- Anglia Ruskin operates an agile working culture and offer an extensive range of benefits including generous holiday entitlement, occupational pension schemes, training and development opportunities, travel to work scheme and a competitive relocation package.
Anglia Ruskin welcome talent from a diverse range of backgrounds, to be ambassadors for the University, united by the shared conviction that together you make a great community.
Closing date is February 27, 2024.
Adverts may be closed before the deadline once sufficient applications are received. To avoid disappointment, please apply early.