Location: West London (hybrid)
Salary: Up to £150,000 (depending on experience)
Start date: June 2024 or as soon as possible, depending on availability
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team as the Director of Digital and Technology, you will have the opportunity to lead on all technology aspects for the trust. This includes strategy, systems, cyber security, school-based technology, including the in-house provision of the IT services for all our 39 schools, (serving 30,000 children with over 4,000 staff) as well as supporting the Ark Central team and its ventures, providing data and insights to all key stakeholders and IT project transformation across the organisation.
The Director of Digital and Technology will lead a high performing team of technology, data, information, and service specialists. They will have a passion for technology and a belief in the difference it can make to education and operations.
This role will support the creation of our new education hub in White City where Ark will relocate in the summer of 2024.
The Director of Digital and Technology will also oversee:
- Formation and delivery of an effective and efficient technology and data strategy that supports our schools and ventures
- Develop sector leading innovative technologies
- Provide the tools, support, and expertise to enable the Trust to constantly leverage data to improve decision making
- Deliver technology foundations (infrastructure, support, and service)
We’re an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we’re a network of 39 schools, educating around 30,000 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference and we’re recognised as one of the highest achieving academy groups in the country. We want to change the lives of children everywhere, not just in our own schools. So, we create and incubate Ventures designed not only to help pupils in Ark schools, but also to improve education systems.
You’ll be joining a group of like-minded, ambitious individuals who work collaboratively and are all committed to our core mission, that every child has the potential to succeed. Having just celebrated our 20th anniversary, we are shaping our goals for the next 20 and there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 30 days after 3-years’ service. This entitlement is pro rata for part time employees. This entitlement excludes bank holidays
- Full office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Hybrid working, with currently two days a week in our state-of-the-art office in West London working alongside colleagues
- Regular social events, monthly free breakfast, and daily fruit
- A flexible approach to working with understanding and consideration for work life balance and personal commitments
- As an Ark employee, you will have the opportunity to be part of the TPT (The Pension Trust) scheme, our workplace pension scheme where we make an 11% contribution; you are not required to contribute towards this scheme unless you choose to. Depending on your role you may also be entitled to LGPS which is a defined benefit scheme where you contribute a percentage based on how much you earn (as do we) in exchange for a guaranteed amount in your pension pot every year
- Access to high-quality professional learning throughout your career, offering both face-to-face sessions and a bespoke online learning platform
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bike, gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym and free eye tests
Closing date: Tuesday, March 12th 2024