|Date posted:||27th July 2023
Job Description: Registrar
Working Hours: 7.45 to 16.30 Monday to Friday Full time, all year round.
Line Manager: SB Headmaster & Head of Marketing (HoM), St James Schools
Aim of post responsibility: The key remit of the role is to manage, coordinate and implement organisation and delivery of the admissions process to St James Senior Boys’ School, driving brand awareness and building on the considerable reputation and success of the school reflected by its unique philosophy, values and ethos. The post holder will be committed to ensuring the highest possible standards of organisation, presentation and delivery of the admissions process. To be continually committed to promoting the School and sustain and grow pupil numbers through the highest possible standards of administration and organisation, particularly with feeder schools, prospective parents and their sons.
You will be a key member of the Marketing, Admissions and Events (MAE) team.
- Manage coordinate and facilitate all student admissions for the school, including managing applications, conducting school tours, and coordinating assessments where necessary for pupil recruitment at 11+, 13+, 16+ and occasional places.
- Maintaining student records, enrolment data, and other administrative documents including references, exams, interviews, offers, scholarships, bursaries and late applications. Managing pupil numbers and acceptances.
- Using relevant software applications and databases to manage student information and generate reports. Keep MIS systems up to date with current pupils, manage the prospective database, shadow data, track leavers and records of notice, assist with the rollover.
- Answer all admissions enquiries and handle all prospective parent communications. Including exam arrangements, scholarships, marketing emails. Induction for all new
pupils, parent joining information, forms, houses and induction events and collate GCSE options for Y9 pupils.
- Liaise with SEN department on all SEN candidates gathering reports and information, dealing with all parent communications.
- Liaison with fees secretary on termly billing, queries, leavers and new joiners.
- Provide SMT, Head of Marketing and Governors with accurate pupils forecasts quarterly, admissions and competitor analysis. Termly governors reports and analysis on admissions.
- Organise with the Marketing and Events Executive all admissions events – open day, school tours, entrance exams, interviews and arrange private tours and visits, scholarship assessment days. Assist events staff where needed at busy times.
- Manage all feeder school events: Attend and represent the Senior Boys’ School at senior school fairs (approx. 8-10 per year some weekends required). Organise transitional events for St James Prep plus other feeder school activities/experience days with the Marketing team throughout the admissions cycle.
- To liaise with uniform suppliers about the School’s, uniform requirements and suggestions managing the relationship with the supplier for the Senior Boys’ School.
- To deal with any queries or complaints related to uniform.
- To arrange for the uniform supplier to come to the School for prospective and existing families to purchase new uniform (usually once in the Summer Term).
- To maintain and update the uniform list and despatch it to current and prospective parents together with the store’s uniform booklet.
- Approve all school emails via Schoolpost. Manage the school email systems, staff training on these platforms.
- All administration relating to buses, parent communication, booking forms, termly billing, queries.
- Keeping up to date registers for all routes and liaison with estates manager/bursar over routes and drivers.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as education, business administration, or a related discipline. (Essential)
- AMICS Certificate in Admissions Management. (Desirable)
- Can demonstrate previous experience of working within a demanding customer service environment. (Essential)
- And or has previous experience working in a school or educational institution, preferably in a registrar or admissions-related role. (Essential)
- Familiarity with the independent school sector and its unique characteristics. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of admissions processes and procedures in the independent school sector. (Desirable)
- Understanding of enrolment management principles and strategies to support the school’s recruitment and retention goals. (Desirable)
- Have a strong sales ethos and have a strong focus on targets. (Essential)
- Have a ‘hands-on’ attitude and ability to contribute positively to a team environment, share knowledge and resources, and provide assistance as needed. (Essential)
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines. (Essential)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion. (Essential)
- Friendly, well-presented and welcoming to prospective parents with the ability to handle inquiries, concerns, in a courteous and efficient manner. (Essential)
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, handle unexpected situations, and work effectively under pressure. (Desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of stakeholders, prospective families, our students, parents, staff. (Essential)
- Strong problem-solving abilities to address issues related to enrolment, scheduling, records, and other administrative matters. (Desirable)
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish rapport and maintain positive relationships with various individuals both in and outside of the school community. (Essential)
- Active listening skills to understand and address the needs and concerns of the prospective students and their parents. (Essential)
Post holder outcomes:
Alongside the school marketing and events executives, the post holder will be a natural, strong brand ambassadors for St James Schools will be warm and welcoming individual. They will understand how important a role they play in making sure that every brand touch point for St James Schools is succinct, unified and underpinned in the schools’ values and ethos.
They will naturally pride themselves in working closely with the Head of Marketing to ensure that the data and insights from the admissions function supports and informs the school brand and marketing strategy and school development plans.
Please complete the attached support staff application form here.