|Date posted:||13th July 2023
|Closing date:||6th August 2023
About the job
St Marys is starting an exciting new venture, an online business to deliver degree courses. You will perform two core functions. Primarily the role is to establish, shape and run Saint Mary’s new online business as a profit-making centre. Secondly, represent the operational interests of the university during discussions with our future or current franchise partners who deliver their programmes face-2-face.
They are listed in the top 15 of UK universities and are now looking for a commercial and customer focused candidates to work with the university’s partners (online & franchise) to ensure all aspects of the operational design and delivery is agreed and any commitments on university’s resources are discussed and the recovery of costs understood.
The University is seeking a highly capable and experienced leader who is experienced at working with academic colleagues and external partners to design and deliver an exceptional online product learning programme. The post holder will be very customer & commercially focused. They will hold responsibility for the profit and loss of these online programmes.
Reporting to the CIO, you will be effective at identifying the right commercial opportunities for designing and launching wholly online programmes and manging the student experience through to a successful graduation by the universities remote study students. The role is will account management the relationship with an external partner. You will ensure the delivery of an effective service to their online students in line with financial projections.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in running online programmes in the higher education sector
- Commercial focus. Evidence the candidate has successfully operated a business unit operating its own P&L.
- Budget Management. Previous responsibility for managing the revenue and costs budget for a department
- Supplier/partnerships management. Experience in managing a partner/supplier against their contractual obligations
- Pedagogical experience in designing an effective online programme
- Substantial experience in managing and motivating the performance of large, complex teams
- Resource Management: Ability to plan and manage resources
- Stakeholder Management: Ability to build and maintain an effective relationship with senior people across the university
Closing date: 6th August 2023 at 23:00
Interview date: 14th August 2023