|Date posted:||3rd May 2023
|Closing date:||26th May 2023
Nottingham Trent University – Head of Statutory Returns
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is one of the UK’s largest, most innovative, and successful universities, with a student population of almost 40,000. We recruit more school leavers than any other UK university, and we were recently awarded the Times and Sunday Times Modern University of the Year award in 2023. We are currently developing new models for higher education delivery in Mansfield and London, and we have made significant strategic investments in our Data and Analytics team over the past few years, recognising the value of data and insight to our future success.
About the Role:
Therefore, we are currently seeking a Head of Statutory Returns to join our Strategic Planning & Change department, reporting to the Associate Director of Data and Analytics. Our Head of Statutory Returns will play a vital role in ensuring we maintain our high standards of excellence in this area.
In this key leadership role, you will be responsible for shaping and overseeing the effective delivery of our key statutory and other returns to sector bodies and regulators, ensuring we build and maintain effective data governance processes. You will lead the completion of the transition to new student returns processes as part of HESA Data Futures, introduce more effective oversight, extend assurance mechanisms across all our returns, and help establish a more stable, consistently high-performing, knowledgeable and resilient team, following a period of change.
- Comprehensive understanding of annual OfS HESES returns and HESA individualised student returns, and the preparation and submission thereof.
- Knowledge of other related statutory returns eg HESA staff.
- Knowledge of HE student data and record systems (eg Banner) and automation/ management of business processes around HE data.
- Significant expertise working with leading tools to retrieve, manage, manipulate, visualise, analyse and report on business data (eg Power BI, Tableau, SQL, Alteryx).
- Able to align data and insight activity to business strategy, embed it in key business processes and drive real performance improvements.
- Presentation of clear, intuitive data-informed outputs – written, tables, visual.
- Able to scope, plan and manage the delivery of data and analytical projects.
- Building, leading and mentoring a team of data experts in a complex organisation.
- Working with and influencing senior management on the strategic and operational benefits of data analytics and governance.
- Experience of developing and implementing robust processes, procedures and working practices for effective and efficient delivery.
- Building a data-driven culture in a complex organisation.
- Significant demonstrable experience of managing projects within an HE environment.
How to Apply:
Anderson Quigley is acting as an advisor to Nottingham Trent University. A search process is being carried out by Anderson Quigley in addition to the public advertisement.
Should you wish to discuss the role in confidence, please direct all enquiries to our advising consultants Carolyn Coates (firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)7825 871 944) and Akhil Yerneni (email@example.com / +44 (0)7808 649 556).
Closing date: Friday 26th May 2023