Professor Recruitment Programme
Nottingham School of Art & Design
Times and Sunday Times Modern University of the Year 2023; Guardian University of the Year 2019; Times and Sunday Times Modern University of the Year 2018; THE 2017 University of the Year; these are just some of the accolades bestowed upon Nottingham Trent University. We are focused on ‘Creating the University of the Future’, transforming the lives of our students and, through them, the world in which we live. Courage, creativity and collaboration are the foundations of our research at NTU and with 86% considered world-leading or internationally excellent in the latest REF our brave approach to research is opening the door to bright new ideas and endless possibilities
Nottingham School of Art & Design is one of the world’s leading art and design schools and has been influencing, inspiring and innovating for over 175 years. We are guided by our past, focused on our future, and proud to be shaping what comes next. The school has a vibrant, forward-looking and expanding research and scholarly community where collaboration and interdisciplinarity are embraced and encouraged.
From space technologies designed by our Advanced Textile Research Group to ethnographic research with socio-economically marginalised textile communities in rural India and South Asia we are proud of the school’s research impact.
As we continue to build a strong research leadership team across the school, we are seeking to fill the following roles:
- Professor and Lead of the Advanced Textile Research Group – AQ1657
- Professor of Fashion Sustainability and Innovation – AQ1659
- Professor of Design and Lead of the Design Research Centre – AQ1661
- Professor of Design and Innovation – AQ1663
- We also welcome interest from candidates wanting to lead on the next chapter of our Research journey as the AD-Research – AQ1667
Importantly for all of these roles we are seeking candidates who offer developed leadership skills and who are also good team players with a positive attitude and vision to help support and build an ambitious vision for the school. We want our research leaders in the school to look beyond current approaches, and support how the school achieves its research ambitions; candidates will need to demonstrate they are innovative in the way they develop new ideas and collegial in their engagement with a broad stakeholder community.
With exciting developments such as our landmark new £40m Art & Design building this is an exciting time for the school. If you would like to contribute your expertise, creativity and energy to this wonderful institution full details can be found on the recruitment website on the right.
Should you wish to discuss the roles in strict confidence, please contact our advising consultants at Anderson Quigley:
The closing date is noon Monday 20 February.
Applications should consist of:
- A full CV.
- A covering letter setting out your interest in the role and details of how you match the essential knowledge, skills and experience criteria of the person specification.
- Please include current salary details and the names and addresses of two referees. Referees will not be approached until the final stages and not without prior permission from candidates.