Reports to: Head of IT
Responsible for: Infrastructure Engineer; IT Support Engineer
Length of contract: Permanent
Hybrid home working is offered as a flexible benefit, with 3 days per week in the office
We at Anderson Quigley are working with Help Musicians to appoint a hands-on and customer-oriented Infrastructure and Support Manager to join their technology team, and report into the Head of IT. The Infrastructure and Support Manager will lead in the implementation, management and retirement of Help Musicians’ cloud and on-premises infrastructure and services, ensuring they are scalable, secure, and kept updated. The postholder will be responsible for managing a small team delivering support to circa 70 users.
For context, Help Musicians and sister charity Music Minds Matter support professional musicians of all genres, in work and in retirement, and support individuals in their musical career ambitions. The charity has impacted the lives of countless musicians for over one hundred years, offering financial support and even business advice sessions. Sister charity, Music Minds Matter, puts mental wellbeing centre stage in music. It works proactively to help prevent mental health crises, providing everybody who works in music with the early support, knowledge and tools they need, at exactly the time they need them.
The charity supports not only in times of crisis but in times of opportunity too. For more information, please see Help Musicians’ ‘Work for Us’ page, which gives an overview of the team and a list of attractive benefits, including a sector-leading 10% Employer Pension Contribution and Health Cash Plan.
Knowledge and Experience
- Hands on experience of supporting and managing both cloud and on-premises infrastructure and services.
- Excellent knowledge of supporting WANs; LANs
- Excellent knowledge and experience of network and systems security.
- Hands on experience of managing and administrating Microsoft Office 365 and Azure including Active Directory
- Hands on experience of configuring physical and virtual servers and services.
- Hands on experience of managing firewalls and network configurations.
- Knowledge and experience of Telephony solutions including cloud products.
- MS Office 365 and Azure administration, configuration, and support.
- MS Office 365, SharePoint, and Teams – online and desktop applications configuration, management, and support.
- Windows 10 or above, administration, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Managing and troubleshooting networks (WAN and LAN), security and maintenance.
- Windows Server administration, maintenance, configuration, and optimisation.
- Management and support of telephone systems including cloud solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include a focus on: Security (ensuring all systems are protected and safe), developing the IT strategy, delivering a customer-focused support service to the organisation, responsibility for all HM IT infrastructure and associated services ensuring they are managed and developed in line with business needs, working towards KPI reports, working with key vendors, and developing your team.
The closing date for this role is 18 March 2024.