Salary: £65-70k + benefits
Anderson Quigley are delighted to be working with an iconic Arts Venue to recruit their new permanent Head of IT.
This fantastic London based Arts Charity are seeking a Head of IT to lead the IT strategy and operational management of the IT function within the organisation. The post holder will have a deep understanding of the rapidly evolving digital landscape and the opportunities this can provide to the organisation. The role will be responsible for shaping and executing the IT strategy to support the overall business objectives and strategic plans, while at the same time taking an active lead on the operational aspects of IT. Reporting to the Director of Operations and Infrastructure, the Head of IT will work closely with all departments and Senior Management Team peers to ensure the organisation’s current and future technology needs are met.
They are currently running an organisation-wide digital transformation project with the aim of becoming a more connected, efficient, and data driven organisation. The Head of IT will be pivotal in ensuring delivery of technology driven aspects of the programme and the projects within it, while horizon scanning for new technologies and ways of working that can continue to improve their operations.
The role requires commercial insight, as apart from managing and maintaining their IT requirements and budgets, the IT department provides costed services to creative residents, commercial event hires, and restaurants.
All of the IT services are supported via a busy service desk. The Head of IT is responsible for ensuring that daily operations run smoothly and any issues identified are resolved swiftly and effectively. Being part of a small team, it is expected that the Head of IT will take a hands-on approach where required.
Please note that while the role has capacity for hybrid working, it is anticipated that the first few months in post would be primarily onsite to facilitate a smooth onboarding process and to allow the post holder to learn our complex site layout.
- Proven leadership experience of IT Service Management and working in an IT service delivery role across a complex organisation.
- Proven experience in initiating and managing IT projects, systems implementations, and digital transformation, with a track record of delivering measurable benefits to end users.
- Management of both support and infrastructure functions, including managing, motivating, and developing staff.
- Experience and awareness of the technology development cycle with ideas of how to use the latest technical tools to drive the organisation forward.
- Strong experience across a range of core business applications. In particular, Microsoft 365 as a primary productivity suite. Additional systems in use include CRMs (Tessitura, Nexudus, Priava), Finance (Access Dimensions), HR (PeopleHR), Events Management (Priava, Tessitura).
- Ownership of the cyber security and cyber risk posture of an organisation, actively managing the risk profile.
- Excellent project and programme management skills. Ability to manage complex workloads, prioritise tasks, and deliver to deadlines.
- Broad technical skills and ability to keep abreast of technical innovations and their potential application.
- A proactive communicator who can engage with and translate for non-technical peers and who can lead change as a human process as well as a technical one.
- Strong customer service ethos with experience of delivering customer service improvements.
- Strong analytical abilities to solve problems and plan changes.
- Capable of being able to both develop an overview of technology to meet business needs, as well as assist in a ‘hands on’ fashion as required.
- Strong understanding of wired and wireless networking principles and how a large, resilient network should be built and managed.
- Strong commercial and vendor management skills, with hands-on budget management and contract negotiation experience.
- Working knowledge of ITIL.
Closing date for this role is February 16, 2024.