Anderson Quigley is delighted to be working with a charity client seeking an Interim Head of IT who will have direct responsibility for leading the IT team, developing a technology strategy to deliver the charity’s business goals and ensuring that risks in relation to infrastructure, system availability, applications, security and data are identified and mitigated. This is primarily a leadership role. You will be responsible for 3 direct reports but will occasionally need to be hands on.
- Lead in the planning and implementation of their technology strategy to ensure that the targeted improvements to the charity’s operations using technology investment are achieved.
- Ensuring that IT and infrastructure systems are fit for purpose and offer consistently high levels of availability, functionality, and security.
- Ensure the client maximises the value offered from technology across the charity.
- Provide leadership to the team and ensure the effective management of all staff in the department. Ensuring that all individuals deliver to their full potential and add value to the charity.
- Lead in the creation of a multi-year operational business plan for the IT department, which meets the objectives of the strategic plan, improves operations and maximises the talent within the team.
- Lead the development and implementation of MS Dynamics CRM.
- Lead the development of microservices architecture.
- Lead continued roll out of SharePoint.
- Ensure high-quality colleague hybrid working experience.
- Lead implementation of Cloud-based Telephony.
- Lead implementation of Enterprise Data Platform.
- Ensure that system procurement, databases and data management procedures adhere to relevant legislation, frameworks or guidance.
- Set annual operating budgets and work to ensure that the department operates as efficiently as possible within agreed budgetary limits.
- Work closely with the Executive to ensure that the charity has an appropriate Business Recovery strategy which mitigates business disruption and any financial or reputational loss.
- Any other tasks as reasonably requested by the Interim Director of IT.
Essential knowledge and experience
- Strong track record of working in similar roles.
- Strong understanding of MS O365 environment, Azure and Dynamics.
- Wide range of business applications and integration experience.
- Understanding and implementation experience of cloud based telephony.
- Track record of delivering and integrating MS Dynamics CRM.
- Managing multiple 3rd Party suppliers to successful delivery outcomes.
- Strong understanding and implementation experience in security frameworks, e.g. Cyber Security Essentials, ISO27001 or NIST.
- Strong networking understanding and experience.
Essential skills, abilities and personal characteristics
- Highly effective people and performance manager.
- Effective stakeholder management skills to ensure colleagues are positively engaged and consulted (when required).
- Good prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans to changing landscapes.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints. Highly resilient.
- A champion of technical methodologies, concepts and standards with a passion for learning and coaching best practices.
- Ability to concisely specify requirements across all departments.
- Experience of matrix managing project resources from around an organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a confident team player.
- Ability to remain focused and to implement projects to specification, budget and timescale.
- A structured and analytical approach to troubleshooting and problem management.
- Excellent written and spoken English – able to communicate clearly with others.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and prioritise.
- Ability to think creatively to find solutions.
- Proactive, driven and confident in providing high-quality customer service to all internal and external contacts.
- A flexible attitude.
- MS Office 365
- MS Dynamics 365 CRM
- MS Azure
- Cloud based telephony platforms
Hybrid working, with a minimum of 2 days in the London office (WC1X 9JS) and 3 days at home, with flexibility to attend the London office more regularly as the needs of the role dictate.
6 months FTC