IOP Publishing is a society-owned scientific publisher, providing impact, recognition and value for the scientific community. As the publishing arm of the Institute of Physics, 100% of our profit goes towards public and scientific good.
This is a new and exciting leadership opportunity to lead a significant transformation programme and ensure IOPP delivers to its strategy for 2028.
The Transformation Director has responsibility for overseeing the portfolio of strategic change/improvement programmes and projects needed to deliver on our newly defined strategy. As Transformation Director you will translate the strategy into an overall Transformation programme (i.e., the key initiatives to be delivered) ensuring ownership, leadership, and expertise to manage a large and complex programme to successful implementation with improved outcomes for colleagues and customers.
You will ensure initiatives are set up for success with clear ownership and accountability, robust governance, and ensuring certainty of execution and appropriate prioritization. Initiatives involve business process, digital, technology, data, and organisational transformation to ensure a seamless transition towards universal access to research.
You will be the face of the transformation, setting the tone, spurring enthusiasm, and challenging current wisdom providing inspirational leadership through multiple levels of managers. You will embed a high-performance culture built on inclusivity, engagement, collaboration, and continuous improvement. This is a hands-on leadership and implementation role, with accountability for the success of transformation initiatives within the organisation. Reporting directly to the CEO you will work hand in glove with the Executive team in leading IOPP to achieve sustainable business success.
Key accountabilities for the Transformation Director
- Qualified in programme and project management methodologies such as MSP, PRINCE2 or APM
- Qualified in or detailed understanding of change management strategies, techniques and approaches.
- Experience in combining an overarching waterfall approach with more flexible, tactical Agile techniques.
- Strong cross-functional background
- Experience of working at senior level in a complex environment, managing multiple transformation projects with a range of stakeholders
- Experience of leading and delivering large scale transformational change and the ability to convey a compelling and engaging vision of change.
- Experience of translating strategy into delivery through benefits realisation, plans, programmes, people and culture.
- Experience of budgetary responsibility and budget setting.
If you have the following experience and skills, we’d love to hear from you:
- Strong leadership and strategic abilities and skills including the management, development and motivation of both teams and individuals to inspire and secure high performance.
- Proven and verifiable experience of hands-on delivery of significant technology and people led programmes.
- Strongly self-motivated bringing gravitas, credibility, energy, resilience, and commitment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both oral and written.
- High level negotiation, influencing and enabling skills to ensure priorities are met.
- Ability to work positively with stakeholders to achieve outcomes and deliver change through people.
How to apply
IOPP has appointed and is partnering with Anderson Quigley to make this appointment.
For an informal conversation on the role please reach out to either Grace Tattersall on +44 (0)7510 384 761 or Elyse Turner-Pearce on +44 (0)7808 648 559.
To apply, please include a full and detailed cover letter and CV and click on the ‘apply now’ button below.