Director of Research, NatCen Social Research
Posted on 13 August 2020
As Britain’s leading centre for independent social research, we have over 50 years’ experience of delivering high quality research about UK society. As a charity and not-for-profit organisation, we carry out research into all areas of social policy, including health, crime, education, employment, travel, social attitudes and families. We are now looking for a talented and experienced leader to join our Leadership Team and play a key role in taking NatCen forward.
To give leadership and strategic direction to the research function (in conjunction with a second Director of Research). The post holder will oversee NatCen’s Policy Research Centre and an agreed set of bespoke research centres, products and services. The role is front-facing to our customers and has specific responsibilities for looking for new business opportunities and growing research revenues.
Essential requirements include:
- Proven management and leadership skills, successfully leading large teams, with income of £5m and above, regularly achieving monthly KPIs and exceeding financial targets.
- Commercially minded and used to working in a commercial environment with growth and income targets.
- Demonstrable research experience, including for some of the areas in which the Policy Research Centre currently operates. These include: Children, Communities, Work & Income, Families, Crime, Justice, Health, Evaluation and secondary data analysis.
- Demonstrable experience of maintaining customer relationships and winning new business contracts worth between £25k and £500k.
- Experienced at setting standards and tracking teams against those standards both in terms of quality of deliverables and utilisation/on-time/on-budget.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both with customers and with internal staff with expertise in delivering change.
- Prior experience of managing team leaders and teams.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience of working with senior members of an organisation in finance, operations, human resources and Information technology.
For further information and to download the candidate recruitment pack, please click here.
The following useful documents can be found here:
To apply and for more information:
Anderson Quigley is acting as an advisor to NatCen Social Research , an executive search process is being carried out by Anderson Quigley in addition to the public advertisement.
Should you wish to discuss the role in strict confidence, please contact Imogen Wilde at Anderson Quigley on: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)7864 652 633.
The closing date for applications is noon on Friday, 11th September 2020.
Applications should consist of:
- A full up to date CV with your education and professional qualifications, full employment history, latest remuneration and details of relevant achievements.
- A covering letter indicating how you meet the criteria in the Person Specification, why the appointment interests you and what you would bring to the role.
- Please include the names and email addresses of two referees in either your CV or covering letter. Referees will not be approached until the final stages and not without prior permission from candidates.
- Please complete an Equal Opportunity Monitoring Form.
Completed applications should be uploaded at www.andersonquigley.com/candidates using the reference AQ979.