A competitive salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate. In addition, the package will include:
- 25 days holiday (rising to 30 after five years service), plus eight bank holidays, one wellbeing day, one development day and Christmas closure.
- Solent pension scheme (DC scheme), though transfer of existing sector pension may be possible.
- Five times life assurance.
- 5% management bonus.
- Relocation assistance scheme (subject to eligibility).
We offer a range of workplace benefits, including:
- Interest free travel loans
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme on an approved salary sacrifice basis which means you can make savings whilst keeping fit and helping the environment.
- On-site gym, sporting facilities and a range of wellbeing initiatives.
- Amazing discounts on a range of services including healthcare, insurance and independent financial and legal advice.
Equality & Diversity
At Solent, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it and support it, for the benefit of our people, our students, staff and our community.
The University’s equality objectives are integral in promoting and achieving fair treatment and equality for all and as part of this, we aim to foster a community with a culture of transparency, mutual trust and respect devoid of hatred and intolerance.
University staff can join our LGBT+ staff network – a supportive social group for employees who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, non-binary, or are questioning their sexuality or gender identity. This group also supports many events both on-campus and in the local community, including the Human Library and Southampton Pride.
Solent also has a well-established Equality and Wellbeing committee, made up of students and staff, to proactively assist us in providing an excellent people experience underpinned by our values, and our genuine commitment to equality, diversity and inclusivity, irrespective of personal or protected characteristics.
This committee plays a key role in ensuring equality and diversity across the University, and leads on wellbeing initiatives, such as the introduction of our Mental Health and Wellbeing vision for both staff and students, launched earlier this year.
We believe that all our people should be treated fairly, regardless of their age, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual orientation, or gender. As part of this, Solent University is committed to continuing to work on closing the gender pay gap and is in the process of creating an updated action plan to determine the necessary steps to make this happen.